Increasing hand-hygiene compliance:
one swipe at a time
Orbel™ is a patented hand sanitiser applicator designed to increase hand-hygiene compliance and help prevent the spread of bacteria, viruses and infections.
The highly effective Orbel™ is presented for professional use and is a convenient, always accessible, method of distributing antiseptic hand-sanitising gel to the hand. It allows quick accomplishment of the important act of hand-hygiene when hands are not visibly dirty and enables employees to maintain hand-hygiene compliance irrespective of activity type, while maintaining productivity
Orbel™ ensures hand-hygiene compliance is not complex, expensive or embarrassing, with no need for expensive remote monitoring systems. The positive reinforcement provided by Orbel™ is a powerful and effective tool to help change hand-hygiene behaviour.
The Orbel™ Advantage
- Portable: Worn on the belt or convenient point of attachment, Orbel™ is always accessible. This is especially important when working in an environment where there is limited or no access to hand washing facilities.
- Single-handed activation: Only one hand is required to activate the Orbel™ and dispense sufficient hand sanitiser to disinfect both hands.
- Multidirectional balls: Sanitiser application is facilitated to all parts of your hands to ensure all-over protection.
- Formulary: The Orbel™ is available in conjunction with highly effective ethyl-alcohol or waterbased hand sanitiser formulas, formulated for persistent effect, to suit a wide variety of industry needs. After repeated use hands are left moisturised and clean, not dry and irritated.
- Compliance: Orbel™ use induces habitual drivers that increase hand-hygiene compliance.
The Orbel™ Advantage for employers
Apart from increasing hand-hygiene compliance and protecting workers and clients from exposure to a range of infections, Orbel™ use provides other major benefits, including:
- Contributing to an increase in work performance and productivity;
- Contributing to the reduction and cost of absenteeism. Reports estimate that absenteeism costs the US economy alone some $227 billion a year due to lost productivity associated with poor health1;
- Demonstrating an employers commitment to employee health and wellbeing and forming the cornerstone of any workplace wellness program;
- Complementing existing hand-hygiene protocols;
- Habituating good hand-hygiene practise;
- Increasing customer perceptions of venue cleanliness;
- Cost effective when measured by ROI.
How to use the Orbel™
Clip the Orbel™ to your belt or pocket.
With your thumb and fingers together, swipe your hand, including your thumb, over the balls in a downward motion, beginning with your fingertips and finishing with the heel of your palm. This action activates the multi-directional balls and releases the hand sanitiser.
Rub both hands together to distribute the sanitiser evenly.
The hand sanitiser range
The Orbel™ is available with these highly effective hand sanitiser formulas:
|Kills 99.99% of germs on contact|
|Rapid and broad spectrum kill|
|Contains over 70% ethylalcohol|
|Effective against norovirus|
|Persistent for up to 6 hours|
|Reduces risk of skin irritation|
|Improves skin condition and
supports repeated use
|Safe for use across a wide range