What’s the difference between surface protection and disinfection?
With most disinfectants, a ten-minute dwell time on a hard surface will render most microbes inactive. Unfortunately, these disinfectants do not work well on porous surfaces and off-gas poisons to be effective against microbes. After they are wiped off or evaporate, they provide few residual benefits. This renders dry surfaces ineffective at killing bacteria, fungi, etc.
However, BIOPROTECT continues working for up to 28 days as it produces a biostatic layer that persists long after the surface (whether porous or non-porous) is dry. This has been particularly important in the past in healthcare environments but is now becoming more of a general requirement.